Tuesday 24 August 2010

Twits of the world unite!

You may remember that cool, hip and groovy chap, Frank McAveety MSP who turned out not to be cool, hip and groovy and had to resign from his convenorship over offensive remarks. He has decided not to be offensive in future and has, instead, decided to employ someone else to do that for him. Step forward Stuart MacLennan, onetime Labour candidate for Moray who resigned in disgrace over, erm, offensive remarks and is now happily ensconced in Mr McAveety's Glasgow office.

I'm sure that they've both learned their lessons and there will be no more behaviour treating people in a derogatory and dismissive fashion. Move along, now, nothing to see here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And are you willing to be held accountable to the same standard you promote here, Mr. Cashley?

Calum Cashley said...

I hold to a far higher standard than this pair, Mr/Ms Anonymous, not for me the casual racism, the misogyny, the off-hand dismissal of appaling working conditions for people in developing countries, or any of the other distasteful traits they exhibit.

Anonymous said...

I think you sell yourself short here, Calum.

I'm not so sure that any cold hard examination of some of your political 'activities' with regards to colleagues and others could ever support your little Aitkenesque 'sword of truth' speech.

Go on. Publish and be damned.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty poisonous stuff Calum, I'm sure you don't have to publish nasty comments like these.

Not sufficiently cyberous I don't have a google account or any of those other things, so I'll show up as anonymous too. But for the record, I am Bob Seaton - I wonder if your brave poster above will reveal his name?

Calum Cashley said...

Cheers Bob. I'd wager that the wee anonymous chap or chapess won't reveal his or her true name; that would take the tiniest bit of courage.

Anonymous said...

So let me get this right. The 'cybernattery' consider it perfectly reasonable to post commentary on the character and actions of others day in day out but find when they, too, are expected to held to account to the same standard(s) they are using for a soapbox then it becomes 'poisonous stuff'. Very interesting.

As for anonymous posting. The hosts of this blog consider it an appropriate mechanism to utilise so I don't really see the problem.