Tuesday 10 November 2009

What do you want from the liquor store?

This is an awfy time of night to still be working, so here's a musical interlude from Ted Hawkins -


Of course, when he asks "What do you want from the liquor store?", he's actually saying "I intend to visit a purveyor of fine wines and elegant spirits who disdains deep discounting and encourages responsible drinking, would you care for a light refreshment?" and when he says "I'll buy you all that your belly can hold" he's actually saying "I'll pick up a curry on the way over as well."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calum,

And I thought I was the only Ted Hawkins fan in the Party!!

Only this evening I cooked the dinner listening to the late Ted including this masterpiece.

Although I do think he is also offering to get his 'loved one' something a little stronger than A bottle of Buckie!!

John Beare

Calum Cashley said...

Cracking singer - but I'm sure he would only buy fine wines ...

mikey G said...

This song rang through my head the hole time my wife was in a coma. And said every thing I felt.It still makes me cry good tears.

Anonymous said...

This song said it all when my wife was in a coma.It still gives me happy tears when I hear It.

CNP said...

How can you miss the point of such a masterpiece and crack jokes like that...

Calum Cashley said...

Years of practise! The joke was about a political situation in Scotland at the time the post was written.

Unknown said...

This is the nice video sharing about the information about the wine and liquor store

online liquor store