Tuesday 22 September 2009

I do like a good debate

I speaking in an English Speaking Union debate on Thursday evening, it’s open to the public and anyone can pop along and hear the pearls of wisdom. The topic is

“This House Supports Scottish Independence”

The running order is:

1. Christopher Harvie MSP (1st Proposer)
2. Bill Butler MSP (1st Opposer)
3. Calum Cashley (2nd Proposer)
4. Paul McBride QC (2nd Opposer)
Chair is Professor John Curtice.

Should be fun, I think. The ESU’s premises are in the basement of the last building in Atholl Crescent, just underneath number 22. Doors open at 6.30pm and the debate starts at 7.00pm. The speeches will be 8 minutes long followed by a floor debate.

See you all there?

4 comments:

Conan the Librarian™ said...

You had me till Paul McBride...

subrosa said...

Truthfully I would have like to attend but you will write a wee summary of the evening won't you? I know you won't disappoint.

Calum Cashley said...

I will, SR, I will. I'm looking forward to it.

Conan, you old cynic, it's in their news and events page.
www.esuscotland.org.uk

Mark McDonald said...

Alas I won't be there. I was invited along but I am booked to speak at the Aberdeen Uni Freshers Debate that evening.

I'm sure you will put the forces of unionism to the sword with your rapier-like wit, or something!