Thursday 23 October 2008

Humble Pie - but Broon's still bottling it

Pay attention, this doesn't happen often - in fact, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience - I was wrong.

I questioned whether Scotland's political journalists would have the guts to point out that Mrs Broon was as frightened of proper engagement as her husband. It appears that they are all questioning the Sarah Brown is "coming to campaign for Labour but isn't a politician" artifice, the incredible blancmange that Labour hoped would allow them to pretend that Gordon Brown was campaigning in Glenrothes when the idea of speaking to an ordinary Scot, any ordinary Scot, on their doorstep petrifies him.
Those fine, eloquent, erudite and intellectual scribes of the Scottish political press pack have, in spite of my misplaced scepticism, given this daft press stunt a doing:

Can I just say that I always believed in our journalists, I never for a second thought that they would let this go, I never doubted them in any way, shape or form - honest, guv.

The news is still that Broon has bottled it and won't be campaigning in Glenrothes, though. He's trying to distance himself from the result.
Let's get up and get campaigning, the SNP can win this one as well. Come on, you know you want to.

No comments: