Tuesday 27 November 2007

Rumour - scurrilous and unsubstantiated, but fun nonetheless

A whisper - always the least substantial of creatures - has reached me.

It sidled in the door, slunk up to me, sleazing across the floor as whispers always do, and insinuated itself into my ear.

Look south, it said, as far as David Abrahams where there is a tale to be told about undeclared political donations.

Then look back here, it said, at wee Wendy's leadership campaign. Who, it said, were the donors who kept giving her money just under the limit for declaration?

Must have been people who wanted to avoid publicity...

Personally, I dismissed the rumour as nothing more than disgraceful backstabbing by a Labour MSP intent on causing trouble, and I'd advise you to do the same. Scurrilous stuff it is ...

No comments: